08 March 2017
Are you studying medicine as a second degree?
Are you in need of financial assistance?
Receive up to £500!
Postgraduate Student Grants of £100-£500 are awarded by the Medical Women's Federation to female medical students who are studying Medicine as their second degree.
Application forms can now be downloaded here, for the academic session beginning in Autumn 2017. Applications must be returned complete with the required paperwork by Monday 19th June 2017.
To find out more about becoming a member of MWF and to join, click here. Please note, grants will be awarded to MWF members only.
Download the application form here.
Closing date: Midnight Monday 19th June 2017
08 March 2017
International Women’s Day is especially significant for MWF this year as we celebrate our centenary in 2017. Today and every day we are grateful for the hard work of the pioneering medical women who came before us and as an organisation we strive to move forward, pushing for equality and fairness for women in medicine.
The theme of this year’s International Women’s Day is ‘Be Bold For Change’, a principle that MWF was founded upon. In 1917, 190 women coming together at a time when it was difficult to have your voice heard as a woman, let alone as a woman in medicine, is nothing short of inspiring.
Today we celebrate medical women and their past achievements and we look forward to a bright future. We encourage you to nominate a friend or colleague or put yourself forward for our 100th Anniversary Prize. We are awarding three prizes, to a senior established doctor, an established doctor and an up and coming doctor to celebrate the diversity of our membership and shout about your achievements. Click here to download the nomination form.
08 February 2017
To celebrate 100 years of Medical Women, MWF and Wesleyan have teamed up to award prizes to three doctors in various stages of their careers who have shown excellence within their fields. The three categories of award are:
Past - Awarded to a senior established doctor
Present - Awarded to an established doctor
Future - Awarded to an up and coming doctor
The prize winners will be announced at our Centenary Conference on Friday 12th May 2017 and the winners will receive £250 each along with a year free membership to MWF.
To be eligible for the prize you must either be a member of MWF or Wesleyan. Click here to see the full prize criteria.
You are welcome to nominate yourself for the prize or nominate a friend or colleague.
Nominees must be available to attend the conference on Friday 12th May.
Please note this prize is only available to qualified doctors, medical students are not eligible.
The closing date for all entries is strictly 4pm on Friday 7th April 2017
- Submit A Poster Abstract At Our Centenary Conference
- Statement: MWF Supports Junior Doctors' Concerns
- Travel Broadens the Mind
- Starting on the Shop Floor - Junior Doctor Blog
- Mandatory Gender Pay Gap Reporting - Public Sector Employers: Government Consultation
- Dr Clarissa Fabre Elected President-Elect of MWIA
- Dorothy Ward Travel Fund Winner - Travel Journal 2016
- What I learnt from Medical School - Making Decisions
- Submit an Abstract for the MWF Autumn Conference in London
- Latest Statement on the Junior Doctor Contract
- Conference Review - Medicine at the Margins: Creative Solutions to Healthcare Challenges
- Junior Doctor Blog - Dr Salma Aslam
- Equality Watchdog Warns Junior Doctors' Contract Could be Illegal
- MWF Centenary Events - Register Your Interest
- Letter to Jeremy Hunt
- Blog Post - Dr Clarissa Fabre
- MWF Response to Equality Impact Assessment
- New Gender Pay Gap Report from the Women and Equalities Committee
- UPDATE: Response from NHS Employers
- MWF Statement on the Junior Doctor Contract
- Special RSM joining offer for MWF Members!
- MWF Now Offers Paperless Direct Debit!
- Join us in supporting MWF at the Royal Parks Half Marathon 2016!
- Dr Dora Black Interview - MWF Autumn Conference
- Jeremy Hunt Letter to MWF
- MWF Statement
- Building Resilient Leaders - Conference Review
- Dorothy Ward International Travel Fellowship - Now Open!
- Freedom of Information Request - Response
- Update: MWF Respond to Letter From Department of Health
- Department of Health's Response to MWF Letter on Junior Doctor Contract Changes
- Just one month to go until our Autumn Conference in London!
- MWF Attends Screening of Suffragette
- Medical Women's Federation Response to Proposed Changes to Junior Doctor Contracts
- Challenging the Stereotype of a Surgeon
- Coming soon... MWF International Travelling Fellowship
- Stepping Up & Speaking Out - Spring Conference Review
- Postgraduate Medical Students' Grants - Closed!
- ACCEA Clinical Excellence Awards application 2015 open!
- Join our Trustee Team on the MWF Council!
- Women's Mental Health Series - Introduction
- International Women’s Day March 8th 2015
- FGM Trial & International Day of Zero Tolerance for FGM
- The White Coat Ceremony
- New! Buy someone the gift of MWF Membership this Christmas!
- Katherine Branson Student Essay Competition - Open!
- Medical Woman Cover Competition 2015
- A Hampstead Theatre Production: Tiger Country
- Dorothy Ward International Fellowship
- Project Pipeline: Attracting, Recruiting and Supporting Women
- Healthy Doctors: Healthy Patients in review - Autumn Conference 2014
- MWIA Northern European Regional Conference, Rungstedgaard, Denmark
- Applications for Medical Woman Joint Editor - Join the team!
- Nominations for MWF Vice President - Join the team!
- Pulse Power 50 2014
- New Research into Pre and Postnatal Exercise
- Junior Doctor Prize 2014 - Now Open!
- ACCEA Clinical Excellence Awards application open!
- Dr Clarissa Fabre - Report from the World Health Assembly 2014
- Welcome Dr Sally Davies MWF President 2014-2016
- Conference Review: Diversity & Medical Careers
- MWF Role Models Report May 2014
- President's blog April 2014
- Katherine Branson Essay Prize winners 2014
- MWF Response to the first prosecution against a doctor for female genital mutilation (FGM) in Britain
- Mature Student Grant Applications 2014 - Open!
- Response to Daily Mail article: Why having so many women doctors is hurting the NHS...
- Medical Woman Cover Competition 2014
- Katherine Branson Essay Competition - Open!
- Flexible Careers Committee publishes results of 2012 Flexibility and Equality Survey
- President's Blog - November 2013
- Conference Review: Patients’ and Doctors’ Safety: Can Women Change the Culture of the NHS?
- The Shape of Training Review
- Moral Maze - Reforming Abortion Law
- Dame Fiona Caldicott - Can women change the culture of the NHS?
- MWF Members on the Pulse Power 50 list of influential GP's!
- MWIA 29th International Congress Seoul, South Korea
- Report from Clarissa Fabre, MWIA representative for the World Health Organisation
- Survey - Do you work for a Family-Friendly Deanery/NHS Employing Organisation?
- President's Blog - August 2013
- 3) On Sabbatical in New Zealand - MWF President Elect Dr Sally Davies tells us all...
- HSJ Inspirational Women List
- Musings for the Doctors of 2013…
- 2) On Sabbatical in New Zealand - MWF President Elect Dr Sally Davies tells us all...
- President's Blog - June 2013
- 1) On Sabbatical in New Zealand - MWF President Elect Dr Sally Davies tells us all...
- Work life balance and job flexibility is not gender specific
- Why are there so few female specialists in the media, and how can this be changed?
- President's Blog - May 2013
- Aspects of Pain – MWF Spring Conference 2013, Oxford
- Dr Fiona Cornish - Interview: 'Women need role models in General Practice'
- Press Release: The Department of Health Review of Regulations on Cosmetic Interventions
- President's Blog
- Welcome to the New Look MWF
- Career Breaks for NHS and University doctors: An analysis of the WAM database
- The Francis Report
- MWF Student International Women’s Day 2013 @ Bristol